Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Wreath Woes

My great aunt wanted to help me decorate our house for Christmas. No, not my great-aunt, but my aunt who is great. Thanks Deb for pushing and providing for us to buy a wreath!

This past weekend I made a trip to Michael's to pick out a wreath. Over Thanksgiving us girls explored the store and they had quite a selection of Christmas decorations. This time... not so much. After looking through the couple aisles still dedicated to Christmas (seriously, the holiday is still a couple weeks away) I actually found the wreath I had mentally selected from our previous trip. Even better, it was marked down... like way down. I grabbed a few other things (nothing to be disclosed now, some items are Christmas presents!) and made my way home.

Joe was at work, but I was excited to get the wreath up so he would see it greeting him when he drove in. Things didn't go as I planned... I ran into a slight issue once I got the wreath home. Even though I had purchased the cheaper wreath hook, I got it position over the door to hook on and hold the wreath up. I got the wreath in place and tried to close the door. No such luck. I was a bit forceful and tried to shut the door all the way. It wasn't going to work and when I opened it back up a few of the hollies fell to the floor.




Now the wreath is hanging on our back door on the inside. We figured we still liked the wreath so much that we didn't want to return it. Plus this way we can enjoy it as well since that door is just off the kitchen. It's unconventional, we know, but we love it. I would still classify us as learning-as-we-go home owners and we're proud of it.

No comments: