Thursday, February 9, 2012

Apple Crisp Pie

Does calling this a crisp and a pie mean two different things? I think now. Just think of an apple crisp in a pie shape.

 Joe and I both usually gravitate towards chocolate for dessert or a treat. We often forget how delicious baked apples can be. I adapted a recipe for apple crisp that my grandma gave me. This recipe is great because it calls for items I always have on hand. It was easy to whip up this past weekend. Plus I got a new pie plate for Christmas that I wanted to finally use.

Apple Crisp Pie

Ingredients
3 large apples, peeled and sliced
1-2 tablespoon cinnamon
6 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup old fashion oats

Directions
Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.

Toss cinnamon with apples in pie plate. Cut butter into dry ingredients in medium bowl. If you don't have a pastry cutter (great gadget to use I must say) just use a fork and make sure the butter is evenly distributed among the dry ingredients. Sprinkle on top of apples. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.

The best way to serve is warm with vanilla ice cream!

No comments: