Wednesday, March 14, 2012

New-ish Hobby

I took up crocheting back when we lived in Des Moines. A couple of my co-workers signed up for a crochet class and I thought... why not? It was not only fun to learn a new skill (or is it more like a talent?) but we also used the time for socializing. I think the class was twice a week for maybe 4 weeks? Our teacher was pretty sick (and by that I mean cool). We even had a potluck on our last night.

I didn't bring any yarn or hooks with me to San Francisco so I haven't crocheted for probably 8 or 9 months. There were also some unfinished projects left behind. Determined to finish at least one this year I found my skein and G hook and got to work. Just like riding a bike, I picked up where I left off and didn't have any trouble remembering how the stitch went. Although I will say I sat and starred at the finished square for a while trying to remember how I've tied the knots. Don't worry, I got it! Eventually I'll share the finished project... eventually.

It was fitting that I started working on the black and gold blanket. Iowa basketball playing in the NIT tournament was on TV and what a game that was! Iowa beat Dayton to advance to the second round. It was so much fun to watch. I'm thinking maybe we'll see an Iowa/UNI matchup soon???

1 comment:

Megan Melton said...

Just getting caught up on the blog! I am still so sad I didn't get the chance to take that class!