Monday, March 12, 2012

What Do Weekends Call For?

Picture your weekend, what makes it special? What do you look forward to?

Sleeping in?

Enjoying a picnic?

Attending a wedding?

Cooking, and then eating?

For me, I always look forward to spending more time with Joe, checking things off our to-do list and exploring Charlotte. We don't get a chance to do any of those items during the week.

Our weekend included a trip to Buffalo Wild Wings. We tried to eat here the weekend before, but because of the CIAA basketball tournament in town, it was packed. All I wanted was some honey BBQ wings and a beer. This past weekend I was able to enjoy just that.

That was before we walked over to Time Warner Arena to watch the Charlotte Checkers. Yes, that's the town hockey team, and yes, they check a lot. We knew nothing about the team, but we quickly learned they were leading their division and were playing the number two team. Like most hockey I'm used to, there was a rowdy crowd and lots of beer.

I love weekends!

No comments: