Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

This recipe comes from my Cooking Light magazine. The mag always features a "done-over" recipe and compares the nutritional facts. It has been so long since I've actually baked some sort of cookie or treat so I figured I should try a "healthy" cookie. They turned out a bit dry, but Joe and I really love them. I'll definitely keep this recipe for future chocolate cravings!

PS - don't the cookies look great in this cookie jar? Thanks to my mother-in-law for buying the cookie jar for my wedding shower. Somethings you just don't forget where they came from.

Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
recipe from Cooking Light

Ingredients
6 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Heat butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; cook 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from heat; add oil. Set aside to cool.

Combine flours, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Place butter and oil into mixer and beat with sugars until combined. Add vanilla and eggs; beat until well blended. Add flour mixture, beating at low speed until just combined. Stire in chocolate chips.

Drop by level tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake 12 minutes or until bottoms of cookies just begin to brown.

No comments: