Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Twin Beauties

No Nick and Trav, this post is not about you. This post is all about these twin beauties we brought home last week. Matching rocking chairs that are good sized, what could be better? My friend commented that since we live in the South we have to own rocking chairs! I couldn't agree more, although I don't usually consider Charlotte a true Southern city, but that's beside the point.

The story starts with our morning jog. Just a block or two into the run we spotted these rocking chairs on the curb next to the garbage containers (it was garbage day so they were up for grabs). I told Joe that we should give them a good home and try to perk them up a bit.

Obviously they need a little help... and a fresh coat of paint to brighten them up.

Good news is my mom is willing to help! I need to start Googling how to fix these bad boys. Any great websites you've seen with instructions on how to fix wicker?

1 comment:

Abigail said...

Sara! LOVE THEM! How sweet to find them on the side of the road. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for websites to help you re-furb them! Good find.