Friday, February 1, 2013

Photo Friday #38

I attended a community awards breakfast last week. As part of my job I was there to represent the hotel, but in reality I was pretty excited to attend. The breakfast was held in the atrium of the NASCAR Hall of Fame. I've been to this building many times, but never for an actual event. You can see the cars lined up along the windows. Picture them extending farther to the left with a huge wall of windows. It was so cool. In addition I got to hear Manteo Mitchell speak. When I got the invitation that included him as the keynote speaker I admit, I had to Google him. Once I did I got super excited. He is a native of North Carolina and ran in the 2012 Olympics. His story is much better though, he actually broke his leg during his leg of the 4x400 relay. But that didn't stop him, he kept running and the US still qualified for the finals in the race. Although he didn't run in the finals, the US took home silver. Mateo's story was an inspiration. Keep your eyes on him in the future. He's still training and working towards the next Olympics.

No comments: