Monday, January 6, 2014

Crochet Pattern: Snowflake Ornament

This Christmas I wanted to do something crafty to give as gifts. I searched and searched for a nice ornament pattern I could easily follow and finally found something I had pinned on Pinterest last year, but never attempted. Sorry this post is late for anyone wanting to try this pattern, I had to keep it secret until I gave these as gifts! I'm now toying with the idea of crocheting Christmas stockings for us to have next year. With our new addition we'll be a family of three next Christmas so I thought it would be great for each of us to have a stocking. We shall see!

Back to the crochet snowflake. I thought the pattern I found was pretty easy to read, but like always I made a few tweaks and then wanted to record my version. Once I got the hang of this pattern I could whip one of these out in about 15 minutes. The perfect project to work on while watching TV!

Crochet Pattern: Snowflake Ornament
adapted from the new crochet

Abbreviations
ch = chain
sl st = slip stitch
sc = single crochet
dc = double crochet

Size K hook

Row 1: ch 7 and form a ring with 1 sl st in first ch.
Row 2: ch 1, 11 sc in ring, finish with 1 sl st in first ch.
Row 3: ch 2 * 1 dc in next sc, ch 6, 1 dc in next sc * repeat 4 times, 1 dc in next sc, ch 6, finish with 1 sl st in 2nd ch from beg of round. End with 6 ch spaces.
Row 4: ch 1 * 1 sc between the next 2 dc, 4 sc in ch space, ch 3, 1 sc in 3rd ch from hook, 4 sc in ch space * repeat 4 times, 1 sc between the next 2 dc, 4 sc in the ch space, ch 20, sl st in last sc, 4 sc in the ch space, finish with 1 sl st in ch from beginning of round. Fasten off, weave ends in.

No comments: