Thursday, January 9, 2014

Weekly Pregnancy Update (25 Weeks)

Well I'd say my baby belly has officially popped. I can definitely be pegged as the pregnant lady. I've even had a stranger and coworker ask if I'm pregnant. Is that appropriate to ask someone? Probably not. Luckily they were correct so my feelings weren't hurt. Granted I don't wear clothes like this dress on a normal day so I'm still able to hit this little baby belly pretty well.

Week Number: 25 Weeks, 3 Days
Baby Size: Eggplant (2 pounds)
Sleep: For the most part sleeping has still been decent. I've been experiencing some pains on my hips when I sleep on my sides though. Of course those are my only options for sleeping positions so I wish I could figure out how to get rid of the pains. All in all I still can't complain.
Movement: I think we have an active baby on our hands. I read that these next 3 weeks are the most active for the baby and I totally believe it. It has been so much fun to feel the baby move, but also see the movement on my stomach. I got to share this with many family members while home for the holidays too.
Clothes: I'm still able to wear most of my work clothes, however my pants are not buttoning completely. It has worked out well to leave them partially buttoned or completely unbuttoned (yet zipped). By some miracle they still stay up! I did just purchase some more maternity clothes over the past weekend (thanks to a Christmas gift card!) The complete transition to maternity clothes is definitely in my near future.
Symptoms: I've experienced just a bit of back pain here and there. Nothing substantial or worthwhile to complain about. Luckily Joe has jumped in to help rub out my pain.

Best Moment of the Week: It wasn't this past week, but seeing my family and close friends over the holiday was very special. Although we've seen most of them since finding out about the pregnancy, this time it was far more evident that there truly is a baby in my belly. We also got to share stories and got lots of helpful advice for our journey ahead. We also received a baby book for Christmas (thanks Scott and Amy!) which I'm thrilled to have and start filling out. It includes spaces for us to share our journey from confirming the pregnancy through school age. I really hope we can stick with it and fill it out well for our little one to look back it years from now.
Looking Forward To: Continuing to prepare for our babies arrival. We have an infant CPR class coming up at the hospital which will help us feel more at ease once responsible for a tiny human. We'll eventually start washing clothes, arranging the nursery, etc.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

So sweet! Thank you for posting pictures of your adorable baby bump. You wear pregnancy well :)