Monday, November 28, 2011

Joe & Tina's Adventure

My cousin visited Joe and I over Thanksgiving. We were so excited to have her over the holiday and also to show her around San Francisco. While I worked on Wednesday Joe and Tina played tourist and went on an open top tour bus just like I did with Joe's parents.

They started at Union Square where the Macy's Christmas tree was up, but was not lit yet (I'll post more about the tree lighting later this week).

They drove past City Hall and got a good picture of the two of them. They were sending some of these to me while I was working. I was glad they were having such a good time even though it got pretty chilly on top of the bus.

I probably shouldn't be the person to write this post, but I'll just let most of the pictures tell the story. Then they drove past the Painted Ladies (or the houses featured on Full House as most of us know them as).

Of course they stopped at the Golden Gate Bridge. They got some great pictures on the city side and walked all the way across to Marin County.

They stopped for lunch at Pier 39. When they saw sexy Santa and whoever the girl is supposed to be, they had to take pictures and send them to me.

I got off work early and was able to meet up with Joe and Tina at Union Square. Their tour was over and they were doing a little shopping. We went to Macy's and searched for the mailbox so we could mail letters to Santa.

The 7th floor where all of the Christmas decorations were located had a great view of the ice rink. We weren't able to skate during Tina's trip, but we did watch for wipeouts after the tree lighting (more on that later!)

Joe wanted to show Tina the Wells Fargo Museum located at their headquarters so of course we took pictures while we were there. We also jumped into the stagecoach simulator where someone on the outside rocks it back and forth. I don't usually get motion sickness, but I don't think I could ride in one of those for hours at a time while cramped in with other people. No thank you!

On our way to the Cable Car Museum we walked through Chinatown and stopped by the Fortune Cookie Factory to show Tina how small and discreet it is. While Joe was taking the picture of Tina he told her to smile... I almost started laughing out loud because the lady working looked up and smiled too. How nice of her.

Unfortunately the Cable Car Museum was closed for "Thanksgiving Eve." We were in the neighborhood so we figured we'd take the elevator at the Intercontinental Hotel to the Top of the Mark. This is something on our San Francisco list and since it was early afternoon we figured it wouldn't be busy. Here are some cool pictures we took.

It was a long day for all of us. We headed home and warmed up with some chili and probably watched either football or a Christmas movie. I can't remember, but chances are we watched one of the two.

No comments: