Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Rosemary Olive Oil Bread

I don't have much of an intro for this recipe other than... you gotta try this. All I've been talking about is basil, basil, and more basil. Did you happen to notice my small mention of rosemary in my herb garden? After planting it I wasn't sure what I wanted to make with it. Thank you Pinterest for answering my prayers. Oh and by the way, I didn't take this picture... I borrowed it. My bread did not look this pretty, but it was very tasty!

photo courtesy of A Hint of Honey
Rosemary Olive Oil Bread
adapted from A Hint of Honey
Ingredients
1 cup warm water
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons dry active yeast
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped (or 2 teaspoons dried)
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups flour
1 egg whisked plus 1 tablespoon water
rosemary for sprinkling

Directions
In a large bowl, combine the warm water, sugar, and yeast. Let sit 10 minutes to proof. Then stir in the salt, rosemary, seasonings, olive oil, and flour. Stir until the dough forms a ball. Knead on a lightly floured surface, adding more flour as necessary to prevent sticking. Place the dough in a lightly greased and floured bread pan. Cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 2 hours. Once the dough has risen, gently brush the top with egg wash and sprinkle with dried rosemary.

Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden brown.

No comments: