Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Golden Weekend

We had a great weekend in Chicago. So many factors made us look forward to it for a long time: it was Joe's birthday, his entire family (significant others included) would be there and we had an Iowa football game to attend. Let me break this down a bit more... it wasn't only Joe's birthday, it was Joe's golden birthday. Do you know what that is? He turned 27 on the 27th. This is the first time in a long time Joe's entire family was able to be together for a couple days. We had a blast with everyone. Oh and of course the football game. We haven't been to an Iowa football game in over a year. We didn't make it to any last year while we were living in San Francisco. Can you see how this trip was meant to be so special?

I don't have a lot of pictures to show, but some I do want to share. Before the football game we met up with some of my family. Here are my aunt and uncle who made the trip from Decorah to Chicago. We also spent some time with their son during the tailgate, but I didn't get any pictures of you Daniel! I blame the cold weather on the lack of pictures. It's hard with an iPhone... you have to take off your glove to snap a picture and my body was refusing quite often. Oh and don't you love Drew's tattoo?!

We watched the team warmup before the game. Here is a good glimpse of Kirk Ferentz speaking with the officials. We sat on the Iowa side and could see the coaches and players talking between plays and such. I wish I knew what they were saying!

A couple of us walked over to where the Iowa team swarmed the field. I did take a video too, but thanks to a couple certain Ellerbroek boys it's not appropriate for some ears.

This was our view during the game. Ok, these aren't our actual seats, but we got really lucky and found enough open seats in one area to fit nine people.

This was the whole group shot we got before the game. I love how this picture turned out! We all need to make sure and frame this. I already have it set as my wall paper on my laptop.

We might not have celebrated an Iowa victory, but we did celebrate Joe's birthday in style. Thanks to everyone for such a great weekend!

No comments: