Friday, November 15, 2013

Photo Friday #53

I had to share this ice carving we had at the hotel about a month ago. It was ahhhhhh-mazing! Keeping in mind I've probably only seen maybe two ice sculptures in my life, this was the top. It was for a conference held at the hotel and this baby weighed over 6,000 pounds! A couple of us from work watched at the two guys worked to put the pieces together. I guess they transported the ice in pieces to the hotel in cardboard boxes and then used water and snow to adhere them together. One of the guys is actually a professional ice sculptor and has been on the Food Network for a competition! On top of the way cool train, the hotel prepared mini martinis in 5 different flavors and placed them in little circle indents made in the ice. Oh man it was so cool. Can you tell my excitement from all the exclamation points I used in this short paragraph??

1 comment:

Abigail said...

Woah! That's impressive!