Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Weekly Pregnancy Update (17 Weeks)

Slowly but surely I'm noticing a slight change in my body size. It's hard to tell so far, but trust me, I can see it happening. I didn't post an update last week for two reasons: 1) there wasn't much to update you all about and 2) I was on work travel all week so I never had a chance to post. I will assure you all that we continue to take pictures each week even if I don't put them up on the blog. In the end we'll have a true week by week comparison.

Week Number: 17 Weeks, 1 day
Baby Size: Sweet potato (5.5 inches, 5 ounces). Honestly, who knows what a "normal" sweet potato size is??? We buy them all the time and trust me, they're all sorts of shapes and sizes!
Sleep: I've been sleeping very well lately. I'm over the days when I'd wake up to go to the bathroom and I'm before the so called "uncomfortable" stage that affects sleep. My dreams have been very vivid lately though. I think it has something to do with my movement and waking up a few times during the night. That's when I remember my dreams. It's pure entertainment for Joe when I tell him what my dream was about, you just can't make this stuff up!
Movement: Nothing, but I know it will happen in the next couple weeks!
Food Cravings: Nothing really
Food Aversions: Nothing really, I only eat what sounds good
Clothes: I'm still wearing all my normal clothes, but I can tell I'm getting closer and closer to needing maternity ones. It really depends on the piece of clothing. Some of my work pants are high waisted that I normally wear with a shirt/blouse tucked in. Well I wore one of those pants yesterday (I think to hold on to that last piece of normalcy) and I think those might need to be retired. Only because you can't unbutton the pants when your shirt is tucked in! On the other side I have started to buy a few maternity shirts so the clothes revolution has begun!
Symptoms: Very mild and nothing I would complain about. The books were right, I'd say I'm in the honeymoon stage of pregnancy where I have to pinch myself to believe I truly am pregnant. That "icky" feeling of the first trimester (although it wasn't accompanied by sickness) is pretty much gone and the aches and pains I hear are in my future have not surfaced yet. Overall I'm feeling pretty good.

Best Moment Of The Week:Well this was about two weeks ago, but we heard the heartbeat for the first time! It was quite unexpected actually when I went for my monthly check up. The nurse came in and told me to lay down so we could take a listen. Joe and I were both shocked and excited. The nurse did say she could tell the baby was moving a lot in there. Now we're wondering if this is a sign of what's to come!
Looking Forward To: The holidays! We bought our plane tickets for our trip home to Iowa over Christmas and the plan is to decorate the house this weekend. Although I'm not thrilled about the cold front coming our way (over night temps in the 20's???) I'm really looking forward to the holiday season.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

Looking great! Really love your blog posts. Worked at the Marriott last Saturday morning for a shift and everyone says hello :)