Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Weekly Pregnancy Update (21 Weeks)

Well I'm still in that awkward stage where strangers probably look at me and wonder: is she pregnant or does she just have a little extra padding? My pregnancy is not evident to everyone yet, but to me it's clear! Proof is below. Look, I have a baby belly!

Week Number: 21 Weeks, 1 Day
Baby Size: Spaghetti squash (11 inches, 1 pound). In all reality, who knows what a spaghetti squash looks like?! The best way to think of Baby E's size is a Barbie doll. From head to feet that's about the size of the baby at this point.
Sleep: I have been sleeping great lately. Fingers crossed this continues through the entire pregnancy. What? You say it won't? Well, we shall see!
Movement: Oh boy this is the best update I have this week. I feel Baby E kick and move around a lot. It's the best feeling ever! I even got Joe to feel the movement on my belly this past Sunday. It was pretty special for him to enjoy it as well.When I'm at work and I feel movement I like to stop what I'm doing and just focus on the baby. Of course that's only when I'm not busy or with a client. It's the weirdest, but coolest thing ever.
Clothes: I still haven't officially moved into maternity clothes, but I'll wear them every once in a while, for fun mainly. A few of my coworkers have made mention how they can start to see a belly, but then again they see me almost every day so they're bound to see small differences. I bought a few items on Black Friday from the sales. I'm really excited about the jeans I bought. Other than that I bought a pair of dress pants and a sweater dress (you know, because I still have to look nice at work). Part of me can't wait to be able to wear all of these items, but part of me also worries that by that point these items will be all I will be able to fit into!
Symptoms: Other than some acne issues, I haven't experienced many symptoms lately. I had a few "growing pains" last week which I think were just the ligaments pulling a bit. Nothing terrible by any means, just more annoying.

Best Moment Of The Week: Well this was about two weeks ago now, but most definitely our ultrasound. It was amazing to see our little one.
Looking Forward To: Going home for the holidays! We are getting so close to our trip home to see pretty much everyone on both sides of the family. It will be so great to spend some quality time with family and celebrate Christmas.

No comments: