Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Lincoln Is One Month!

Before Lincoln joined us I had been thinking and debating about how I wanted to capture his growth. Just like the pictures we took of my growing belly, I wanted a fun way to show his transformation too. I have seen many cool ideas online and couldn't quite come up with the perfect way. Instead of choosing just one I decided to go two different routes.

The first idea comes from Young House Love. They took pictures of their daughter weekly (instead of our monthly pictures). What can I say, I'm not going to be home with Lincoln forever and I know taking pictures weekly would get out of hand for our busy schedule. I'm perfectly fine with documenting this on a monthly basis. Here are the instructions I followed to get this look. Lucky for me I have Photoshop, unlucky for me I'm still a beginner. I worked pretty hard to get this picture the way I wanted it, but finally I think I achieved it... hopefully each month going forward will be much easier!

The other idea I got from Pinterest. It was a simple idea on this blog that I thought we could easily copy. I had registered for the bath letters and numbers and received them at the baby shower (which seems like forever ago!) Instead of just showing Lincoln's head I wanted to show his entire body. I think the most change we've seen on him is in his legs. Those rolls have popped up thanks to his eager appetite. How could I not show them in the picture?! He also was fresh off a bath so Joe and I decided to keep him in just the diaper. I haven't decided if we'll keep this uniform each month, but why not??
 
From here I plan taking Lincoln's picture each month to document his growth. It's fun for us to see the changes in this little guy, but I'm sure lots of you out there will enjoy it as well.

No comments: