Friday, October 21, 2011

Photo Friday #2

I had a completely different blog post ready for today... but Mother Nature decided to change all my plans. Yesterday afternoon we had a 4.0 earthquake with an epicenter across the bay near Berkeley. Joe and I were both at work and experience our very first earthquake! I was sitting at my desk and my chair just started to bounce... it felt like someone was jumping up and down really hard. Luckily it didn't last long at all.

Later last night we were sitting on the couch talking when we experience number two. This one registered at a 3.9, but we both agreed it felt stronger than the first and it lasted a little bit longer.

Coincidently San Francisco and the surrounding areas actually held an earthquake drill yesterday morning. I think it was called the Great Shake Up and it was an effort to make everyone aware and prepared for the next one. No would have ever guessed the next earthquake would come about 5 hours later.

I actually had a conversation with a co-worker shortly after the drill and told her that I wanted to feel an earthquake sometime (we've heard of 2 since we've lived in the city, but neither of us have felt either one). Guess now everyone's saying I jinxed it!

No comments: