Monday, October 17, 2011

Triple D: Rocco's Cafe

Have you ever watched the Food Network show Diners, Drive-ins and Dives... also known as Triple D? I happened to be watching the show a couple weeks ago when I spotted something that looked familiar. They were featuring a restaurant about 2 blocks from our apartment! We pass by it every time we get groceries or walk to a local bar.

I decided we had to try it out. Then I got thinking more about Triple D locations and I knew there had to be multiple here in the city. So I Googled it and yes, there are a good amount.

Friday night we decided to give one of these Triple D locations a try. We went to Rocco's Cafe which is about 4-5 blocks away. We made sure to watch the video before going to eat and that even helped us decide what to order. Check out this video only if you just ate or you're about to eat. Warning: this will make you hungry.

The food was so good. Joe has some sort of Italian sausage pasta and I tried the linguine clam pasta that Guy tried on the video. They were huge portions so we both brought some home, perfect for lunch! We even saw Don Dial (the owner if you didn't dare watch the video) at the restaurant. He wasn't around for long and didn't cook our food (the stoves are behind the bar area so you could watch them making your food) but we still recognized him like a celebrity.

We already have our eyes on our next Triple D location. This might even become a theme for vacations! I might need to bookmark the website I found that maps out all of the locations.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Yum! Will you try the chicken picatta next?