Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Is This Heaven?

I’m sure most of you know the rest of that quote… leading into my post about our trip to Iowa. You’d think I’d have lots of pictures to share. Sadly I don’t. You’d also think I was more on top of blogging nowadays and have these pictures posted right away. Let me just sum up the fun things we did.

Flew over Iowa farms. Surprisingly very nostalgic!

Tried a new beer... it wasn't my favorite. "Witness the Chickness"

Ate pizza at The OP.

Met my best friend’s new little guy. Meet Alek, he’s 10 weeks old and so cute! The shorts he's rocking were a gift Joe and I bought him. So stylish!

Tried to capture the Iowa landscape that I sometimes miss.

Skyped with my brother on our drive back to NC.

Tried to get pictures of each state line (again). We succeeded with only Illinois, Tennessee and North Carolina.

And some of the other fun things that I don’t have pictures from:
  • Swam, skied and tubed on Lake Okoboji
  • Celebrated Abby’s 22nd birthday
  • Played in a family bags tournament. My partner and I were out right away…  I blame Tim. Joe and his partner won the whole shebang.
  • Played a lot of foosball
  • Played a form of charades with Joe’s family. One word… hilarious!
  • Shopped with my mom. We had fun browsing TJ Maxx
  • Borrowed a lot of books from my mom, my reading list is long!
  • Visited Joe’s grandma and my grandparents. In general we saw lots of family!
  • Had a drink with friends at the bar
It was a great trip!

No comments: