Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Musical Entryway Tables

I work at a hotel, did you know that? We recently renovated our entire meeting room floor and suites. Can I express how incredibly happy I am with the updated space? It is so much easier to sell (or in other words, do my job) when your product is so great! Let me also say that I don't only sell a product, I sell a service. The hotel staff is so great I never have to worry about that part of it.

I have to show off our meeting space quickly just to help give you an idea of what I'm taking about. If only I had a true before shot to show you how big of an upgrade this is. Here it is after the old carpet, walls and ceiling tiles had been ripped out.

Then here are some after shots of the Junior Ballroom after the renovation. What a difference!

With that said, the hotel had an auction for all furniture in the meeting space foyers and suites. There were lots of large pieces of furniture I wish I could have bid on like dressers, dining room tables and upholstered chairs. With only a small car to transport the furniture home, I figured I better not. After spending $75 I came home with two side tables and a lamp. I figured one would work well in the entryway nook.

Here is where I need your help. I'm leaning towards one in the entryway, but what do you think??

Here is the square table with a few decorations on it. (Side note: I think the picture is hanging a bit too high so I need to fix that.)

And here is the circular one. I should have put some items on the lower shelves to really help you see what it would look like. Just picture a few books stacked there. What do you think?

2 comments:

Abigail said...

You know, I think I like the square table. Seems to balance the space out a little better and also matches the linear lines from your trim. It would look great with a tall vase of flowers or something with height like you said! Those are both great side tables. Well done :)

Anonymous said...

I'm with Abigail! I like the square one! :) ~Danica~