Thursday, April 11, 2013

Ombré Baby Blanket

One more project completed! This one took me longer than it should have. Good thing I got an early start since I had a deadline! I decided to make a baby blanket for some friends who are expecting their second child in May. Here was my inspiration, of course found on Pinterest. As you can tell from my color selection, they're having a boy. I went with an ombré effect. According to Webster's dictionary, ombré is described as "colors or tones that shade into each other" in case you were wondering.

I basically used 7 skeins of yarn starting at the darkest shade (navy blue) and working my way to the lighest shade (white). When one skein ran out I switched to the next one. Of course I only buy yarn on sale and of course I only buy Vanna's Choice. I used a simple single crochet stitch for the entire blanket starting with 150 chain stiches for the first row. It ended up being about a 3 x 3 ft blanket, perfect for a little baby.

I think this could be a great go-to when I need a great baby gift. 

No comments: