Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Perfect Hard Cooked Eggs and Egg Salad

Behold one of the most ingenious ideas ever... baking eggs instead of boiling them! I'm sure most of us think of hard boiled eggs and say to our selves, well, they must be boiled. Well let me change that thought for you and introduce hard cooked eggs in the oven.

With Easter approaching I'm sure there will be lots of this taking place for dying Easter eggs or making deviled eggs. Maybe this year you can try a new way that I think is far easier. The original idea came from this post found on Pinterest. My mom told me about this brilliant idea so Joe and I wanted to give it a try. 

Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes. It's seriously that easy.

I place them in muffin tins to keep them from rolling around.

Immediately after baking toss the eggs into an ice bath.

Let them sit until cooled, drain the water and store in the fridge either peeled or unpeeled.

Then enjoy with your favorite recipe! I figured I would share mine. This egg salad recipe is about as basic as you can get. As you can probably tell from many of my recipes, I don't like to over season or add too much that's unnecessary. Maybe it's because I don't have a sophisticated enough pallet so I can't pick up on the subtle flavors added by some ingredients. Either way, this recipe is so easy to change and make it how you like it.

Egg Salad

Ingredients
12 Hard Cooked Eggs (chopped)
4 Stalks Celery (chopped)
1/4 cup onion (chopped)
2/3 cup mayo
3 teaspoons mustard

Directions
Mix mayo and mustard together first to ensure they're well blended. Add all other ingredients and mix well. Serve as sandwich or with crackers.

And if you want to go totally off the grid... try an egg salad (open-faced) sandwich with avocado.The picture might be terrible, but your mind is still blown!

No comments: