Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Weekly Pregnancy Update (35 Weeks)

I don't have too much in terms of updates for this week. This baby is still growing and I'm getting bigger too. Tonight I'm bowling with my coworkers... this should be interesting. Can't say I bowl much to begin with, but when you add this big belly I think it might get even harder. Wish me luck!


Week Number: 35 Weeks, 2 Days
Baby Size: Large Cantaloupe (about 5.5 pounds)
Sleep: This has still been just fine. It helps that our weekends are consumed by trips or lots of activity. I'm able to sleep in and get plenty or shut eye.
Movement: Still very consistent and strong at times. I'm starting to be able to notice where baby is laying by the firmness of my belly. As the nurse pointed out to me a couple weeks ago I'm pretty sure I still feel kicking me on my right side. Sometimes it's way up at my rib cage. This movement still amazes me and I love it. I said to Joe the other day that I'm anxious to meet our baby, but I'll probably also miss feeling the movement inside my belly. Oh well, once baby arrives I'll have lots of other things on my mind.
Symptoms: Still nothing to really complain about. No heartburn, swelling, varicose veins, etc. I'm considering myself very luck.
Belly Button: Still an innie! I still don't think this will change, but it's amazing how close I'm getting to pushing this belly button outwards.

Best Moment of the Week: This one is easy... I got a prenatal massage over the weekend. Friends of ours gifted me the massage and so I went to the spa on Saturday and enjoyed some pampering. 
Looking Forward To: I'm anxious for our doctor appointment next week (my 36 week checkup). The main reason is to find out whether this baby is head up or head down. I've been very curious this whole time what position baby was in. Even when baby was moving or twirling in my belly, I'd love to have a way to see what sort of contorted angle baby is sleeping in. Of course I'm also looking forward to my mom traveling to Charlotte to visit! She arrives in a little over a week and I think I've been counting down the days for weeks now. It will be great to spend some time with her, but I also know she'll help us with any last minute preparations we have before baby gets here.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

You're so darling, still! Such a beautiful pregnant person! Only a few weeks left :) The anticipation of boy or girl is killing me!