Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Weekly Pregnancy Update (33 Weeks)

Can't say I have huge updates this week on the pregnancy front. I've officially decided that this dress I take my weekly pictures in is not the most flattering outfit. On a different note, I have to say Joe has done a great job keeping these pictures consistent week. Although it's not one shot and we're done. We always make sure to take 6-8 just in case. Then I have a chance to weed through them and save the best ones. Thank you Joe for helping me document my ever changing body!

Week Number: 33 Weeks,2 Days
Baby Size: Pineapple (18 inches, 4.5 pounds)
Sleep: Luckily lately we haven't had much of a social life on the weekends (plus we can't travel anywhere) so our weekends have been great opportunities for us to catch up on sleep. Well, maybe not catch up (we normally can get about 8 hours each night during the week), more so get extra sleep. I keep reminding myself that we need to take full advantage of that now before our little one joins us and sleep is unheard of. Just this last week I've started to notice a bit of fatigue set in. Not nearly as bad as the first trimester sleepiness, but each day I find myself feeling a bit tired in the afternoon/evening. Totally normal, right?
Movement: Just like always this baby has not been shy about making his/her presence known. I have never had to worry about the baby doing well inside the womb because movement is frequent. I love it and Joe loves enjoying it too. It's almost a routine for us to sit on the couch at night after eating dinner and for Joe to place his hand on my belly to feel the movement.
Clothes: For the most part I've completely transitioned into maternity clothes (as to be expected at this point). But the time that I steer clear is weekends or anytime that I'm lounging at home. I've started to wear a few of Joe's t-shirts or some of my own that are on the bigger size. Oh and with the chilly weather we keep having, my sweatshirts have been perfect to wear over my big ol' belly. Comfort over style for this girl!
Symptoms: I was just reading through the common list of symptoms to see at this stage of pregnancy. Most don't apply to me, but a few might. First one is clumsiness... although I don't think of myself as a normally clumsy person, I did trip up the stairs last week. It was at work, I was wearing my flats (as opposed to heels!) It scared me enough that now I constantly remind myself to just take it easy. No need to walk fast or be in a hurry. Second is shortness of breath. I find when I'm not sitting up straight that my breathing is somewhat restricted. Just a good reminder to have good posture I guess.

Best Moment of the Week: Visiting the doctor last week was actually pretty exciting. After the snow storm in Charlotte we missed an appointment so it had been a while since we got an update on our little one. The heartbeat was at a steady 144 (slowing down a bit from previous appointments, which we were told is totally normal). I'm also on track for weight gain and my belly is measuring right in line with our due date.
Looking Forward To: My mom is coming to visit us in Charlotte in a few short weeks and I'm super excited to see her! Oh and the fact that today is Ash Wednesday reminds us how close we are to our (about ) Easter due date. Bring on the baby!

No comments: