Monday, December 5, 2011

The Butler and the Chef

My parents arrived in San Francisco on Friday night. My aunt and uncle joined us Saturday morning. We had a full day planned thanks to my anal planning tendencies and needless to say, we were tired after it all.

We started out with a fabulous brunch at a place near our apartment. The Butler and the Chef is a French bistro with a great menu. We had attempted to eat there when my aunt and uncle visited a couple weeks ago, but it was too early and they weren't open yet. We put it on the list of places to go when my parents visited.

The breakfast menu was mainly crepes, waffles and quiche. I didn't even look at the rest of the menu, I only had breakfast in mind. I ordered the French toast and it was the thickest, most delicious French toast!

Joe had what he said was "the best breakfast he ever had." We usually keep breakfast simple with some Cheerios or Lucky charms. He ordered the Nutella waffle s with bananas. Other selections at our table were blueberry waffles and eggs benedict.

We also enjoyed mimosas. They weren't bottomless like I got at The Pub during the Iowa game, but they were delicious. Like I said, this was just the beginning of our Saturday. More to come tomorrow.

No comments: