Thursday, December 8, 2011

Parmesan Crusted Chicken

I've declared OPERATION: Get Rid Of All Food in our kitchen. With our move about a month away I want to make sure we don't waste food. I hate throwing things away when they're perfectly fine, they just won't make the move to Iowa or North Carolina. I bought some mayo a while back for something, I can't remember what. Neither of us care much for mayo plain so I had to think hard to come up with a meal to use the rest of it. Luckily I saw a mayo add in my Cooking Light magazine that included a recipe for Parmesan Crusted Chicken. We tried it and we both loved it.

 
Parmesan Crusted Chicken

Ingredients:
  • 4 chicken breasts
  • 1/2 cup mayo
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
  • 1 teaspoon dill
  • 4 tablespoon bread crumbs

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Combine mayo, cheese and dill. Arrange chicken on baking sheet or dish. Lightly spread mayo mixture over chicken covering every inch. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top. Bake for about 20 minutes until chicken is cooked.

We've made this for dinner a couple times. I've started using a bit more parmesan cheese and that added salty flavor is delicious. The original recipe I found for this did not include dill. That was another item we have in our kitchen that will hardly be used. I decided to throw it in and the dill really adds to the flavor as well. Try different seasonings with this recipe, it's really one that doesn't require much measuring.

On a side note, I served this dish with sweet potatoes (or yams, I don't really know which we bought). Joe and I make these all the time for dinner and they're so easy. I wash and poke with a fork, throw in the microwave, program it for 4 potatoes and let it go. We agree there's no need for brown sugar or marshmallows, these sweet potatoes are great plain.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

Yum! I'm going to do this tonight :)