Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Maple

Allow me to formally introduce our soon-to-be house which I like to refer to as Maple. The name does spur from the street it sits on, but because of internet safety, I choose to not disclose. No further questions, let's just leave it at that.

Here again is the outside of the house. This picture was taken about a month ago before the trees and plants were green. The house sits on a cul-de-sac which gives the driveway lots of privacy. We won't have to worry about lots of cars driving by.

Because of the cul-de-sac the lot has a large backyard. This was one of our criteria when looking for a house and this one won in that aspect. Although the swing set takes up a lot of the yard, there are no trees in the middle of the yard that might get in the way of a football game. Joe and I both can't wait to see what the backyard will look like in 3 weeks (when we actually close on the house). We imagine full green trees creating even more privacy.

Do keep in mind these pictures show the furniture from the previous owner. Once we move in the house will look completely different (mainly because we don't have nearly as much furniture as they do). I'll just show a few of the main features and rooms.

One of my favorite rooms... the kitchen. I will have so much storage space for all my dishes and such. There is also plenty of counter space for working in the kitchen. Plus check out the wooden block island.


One area Joe and I both look forward to enjoying this summer is the porch and patio. You can see in the picture above how the porch is just off the kitchen. The previous owners added the screen porch which will be perfect on the hot days in the south. I have stereotypical thoughts running through my mind... picture me lounging on the screen porch, reading a book and drinking sweet tea. Plus there's the paved patio to put the grill. Oh and the fire pit is an added bonus too.

Once we get moved in I'll show more pictures that don't include the sellers furniture. We already have a list of things we want to do or tweak in the house (for example: lots of painting, switching out some bathroom fixtures, planting our own garden, adding some slam stoppers on the kitchen cupboards, etc.) We will work on all this slowly as we learn.

2 comments:

Abigail said...

Looks great! Can't wait to see Maple in person sometime soon! I can picture us enjoying a drink around that fire pit in the near future.

Ellerbroek Entourage said...

Yes! Plan a trip and we'll get the fire pit and grill started!