Thursday, April 19, 2012

Outlander

Well, I not only gave in to reading Hunger Games, I also gave in to watching the movie. Joe and I saw the movie this past weekend and I can't say I was terribly impressed. I don't care to give much of my opinion, but let's just say I think the movies for book 2 and 3 will have much better special effects. Of course that's due to how well the first movie is doing in the box office, they'll have a much large budget the next time around!

On to a new book. I picked up Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. It is so different from the last book I read and so much longer. I finished Hunger Games in less than a week. This book will take me much longer. Although I have gotten lots of reading in lately (over my lunch hour and at night... just one perk of working from home!) So far I'm really loving it. It starts out in Scotland in 1945. The main character somehow goes back in time to Scotland in 1743. You can imagine how she struggles to find out where she is, how she got there and how she's going to fit in until she figures out how to get back to 1945. Anyways, I'm not quite halfway through the book yet, but I wanted to suggest it to anyone reading that needs a new book! Oh and one of the great parts about this book... it's the first of a long series. I love when I find a great book and there's more waiting for me by the same author.

No comments: