Thursday, January 3, 2013

Tis The Season

We had a great trip to Iowa this holiday season. I was at a loss of words last night when writing this post, but I have some pictures to help tell our story.

It started out with Joe's family. We spent Christmas at the lake. Here is a classic picture of Joe and his brother's wearing the crochet beards I made them. I even plan on posting that pattern if anyone cares to learn!

When you add the camo hat he looks even tougher, burlier, manlier?

How was the weather, you might ask? It was cold. At least we were both expecting the freezing (or below freezing) temps, but that's still not something you can really get used to. I was very happy to see snow though for a couple days.

Here is the lake which wasn't quite completely frozen over. The boys played snow football twice and I don't know how they managed. It was negative four degrees when we woke up Christmas morning... brrr!

Here is my parent's house with just as much snow piled up.

Of course the cold air didn't stop Joe from his new winter tradition. He created a snow angel.... in his swimsuit. That's right, he jumped out of the hot tub, ran across the yard, did a snow angel and ran quickly back to the hot tub.

I got all snuggled up inside to keep warm. Plus I was in front of the fire. I guess one year away from Iowa spoiled me. I'm not used to this cold weather!

We also spent a couple days at my parent's house. Joe and my dad spent a good couple hours in the pool. You can see the steam off the water. Must be warm inside and cold outside.

We enjoyed a nice dinner at the Brown Bottle while with my parents. I never get tired of that food. That restaurant is one that I could eat at everytime we go home. It's a classic. 

I had to include this picture also. We spent a day with my grandparents and watched the last Bears football game of the season. Joe supported the Packers that night when they played (and lost) to the Vikings. Only because that victory would have meant the Bears were in the playoffs.

Our Christmas tradition, mimosas. Although we actually had them a couple days after Christmas, they were still the tradition.

Now we're home in Charlotte and back to work. What a great vacation!

No comments: