Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Hawk Cave

I can't believe I haven't shared pictures of the Hawk Cave yet! This has been our biggest weekend project to date and the reason we were picking out paint at Lowe's in this post. It was also our very first painting adventure. I'm happy to report that the project went smoothly and we were both very happy with the outcome.

Here is the room after we painted the ceiling white. It was originally the same tan color as the top half of the wall. After having to paint the ceiling white I realized other rooms (mainly our bedroom) have tan ceilings as well. Guess that just means we'll have more painting ahead of us.

We didn't wait long before putting the flags back up and finding a spot for each of the posters. We will definitely enjoy this room during football season. Oh I'm sorry, you weren't as excited as someone I know for fotball season? We have a countdown to kickoff weekend in our house. I believe there is 18 more days??

I know what you're probably thinking... how are we ever going to sell this house when it comes time to move? Joe's response would be that the addition of the Hawk Cave adds value to our house. Though there are not many Hawkeye fans in North Carolina, maybe we can find someone who loves the Steelers and could feel right at home. My response is painting over red is hard, painting over black is just a little bit harder.

No comments: