Wednesday, August 15, 2012

West Virginia

I realize I've been neglecting you, the blog and the internet in general. Let me just use the Olympics as an excuse. Having the Olympics on TV constantly for the past two weeks has really thrown off my schedule. Not only did I not blog, I also didn't really work out or get much done around the house. On top of that throw in back to back 12 hour work days last week and I might have deserved a quiet night at home.

We visisted Scott and Amy in West Virgina two weekends ago (that's a sure sign of blog neglect, I'm still blogging about things from two weeks ago!) It was great to see them and their new home. Of course I can't forget their little guy, Kirby too. Although the drive wasn't short, it was so worth it.

Saturday we drove to Baltimore for a day on the Inner Harbor. We had lunch and walked around. This area made for some great people watching. If it wasn't so hot out I would have sat and watched people for a while. Oh and it was windy too, very windy. I can prove it by my hair in the picture below.

The boys noticed lots of people walking by in their Baltimore Ravens apparel on. Finally Scott asked someone what was going on. It was free practice day where fans could watch the team. Boys will be boys and they had to follow the crowd into the stadium. They even both got free t-shirts and posters. They never actually watched the team practice (they got to the stadium an hour before the team was going to take the field). We had a rendezvous time of 5:00 sharp so they didn't stick around. Plus it was hot outside.

The girls took this time alone to go shopping. Baltimore Inner Harbor has a few cool shops to roam through. I bought a bright pink blazer to wear to work (I did get lots of compliments on the jacket the first day I wore it too!) Amy and I also got some ice cream. Did I mention it was incredibly hot that day?

On Sunday morning we walked through historic Harpers Ferry where John Brown's fort stands today. I can't remember how many times this fort has been moved, but it's definitely not in the original location. I also don't remember much of the history on this place. You'll have to Google it. Oh and when you do, report back and let me know what you found.

We walked across the bridge and were in Maryland. The Appalachian Trail goes right along there. It was busy with bikers, hikers and lazy Sunday walkers like us. The river was full of kayakers and lazy tubers on Saturday. Is it correct to call them kayakers and tubers? How about people on kayaks and inner tubes? You get what I'm trying to say.

On our way back to Scott and Amy's place we stopped at a mom and pop little restaurant for lunch. I think it was called Betty's or something like that. We meant to take a picture on the outside of the cute restaurant, but forgot. It was nice to sit down for one last meal with Scott and Amy before making the 6 hour trip back to Charlotte.

Do you like how Scott and Amy match in their polos while Joe and I match in our black tops? It must be a couple thing.

Thank you both for such a fun weekend! Now it's time for you to visit us!

No comments: