Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Puppy Fever

Some people get baby fever... I've got puppy fever.

Growing up my family always had a dog. It started with Herky that my parents owned before I was born. He was a West Highland White Terrier (or Westie for short). I don't actually have any pictures of him on my computer to share, what a shame.

When I was in elementary school we welcomed two new Westies into our family. Brody and Jamie were so much fun to watch interact and play. They played like best friends and fought like siblings.

We somewhat designated Brody as my dog and Jamie belonged to my brother. It amazed me how different their personalities were.

A short time after Brody and Jamie passed my parents rescued another Westie from the shelter. His name is Burley. It was amazing how many tricks he already knew and the fact that he was potty trained. He wore Brody's Halloween costume this last year and appears to enjoy it just as much as Brody did...

Burley loves his toys a little too much. He ripped this one apart hours after he got it. I laughed really hard when my dad sent me this picture a couple weeks ago. True Westie fashion. We bought him a toy for Christmas thinking it would take him a while to rip it open. It maybe took it a couple hours, mainly because he was preoccupied with ripping open a different toy first.

My brother and his fiance recently added a dog to their family. His name is Kirby and is such a cute little guy. Joe and I get to see him run in circles and play fetch when we Skype. He's such a puppy with so much energy.

Now to decide if a dog will be in our future. There's so much to consider. Size, shedding, exercise, etc. I guess the first step would be to check if our apartment complex allows pets!!

No comments: