Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Scarf Hanger

Pinterest has officially sucked me in. I have the app on my phone and find myself "pinning" new recipes, ideas for a future home, DIY ideas, etc. It's a great place to gather great information from the internet. If you're unfamiliar, check out this blog post explaining how it works. The problem I am finding is how easy it is to "pin" ideas, but how hard it is to actually make those ideas come to life. Recipes? I haven't made one yet. DIY ideas? This post will introduce my first. Although it required no paint, nails or tape, I like to think of it as my first success.

I saw this idea on Pinterest a while back. It's a great way to organize scarves. Just use shower curtain rings and a clothes hanger. Use this to individually hang and organize scarves. It worked perfectly for our new apartment because we had to buy more shower curtain rings to hang up before our boxes arrived. Plus, what do those cost, a couple dollars? A cheap way to get organized.

On a side note my mom and I recently bought some new scarves in San Francisco. Fisherman's Wharf to be exact, you know, where the tourists go and where the souvenir shops are located. The lady at the shop said these scarves were real silk. Seeing that they were priced at $20 for 4, we knew she wasn't for real. But we love them! It also made us fit in with the very trendy crowd in the city.

No comments: