Monday, January 9, 2012

Our Weekend

We had a pretty low key weekend. Not nearly as much excitement (or pictures) compared to many weekends in San Francisco.

Saturday was a day of errands. We checked a lot of things off our list and got some new views of the surrounding city. Joe has a city walking tour app on his phone and since it was in the high 60's we thought it would be a perfect day for some city walking. We checked out both the landmarks and historical houses tour. It was fun to see new sculptures in the city we might have missed in the past and to see the different Queen Anne or Victoria style houses. Some of the houses were pretty amazing with bright colors and lots of tiny details

For dinner we found a sushi place in SouthPark. Joe and I were both excited to eat lots of fresh seafood and sushi when we moved to California. Surprisingly we didn't ear nearly as much fish as we planned. Plus we never had sushi there once! The place we ate at in Charlotte was delicious. I think it will be somewhere that we will return to in the future.

On Sunday we got some more chores done (before our furniture arrives.... and yes, it hasn't arrived yet). We tried out a new grocery store that turned out to be a good experience, and a large bill. We stocked up on some good food for the week.

We were calling around to some location attractions (Discovery Place, Mint Museum, Museum of Modern Art, etc) to see if they offered a Wells Fargo discount for admission. Turns out the Mint museum was free that day! Since it was a place we had wanted to check out eventually we thought it would be a perfect day to go. Of course it was busy and not what we were expecting. Call me crazy, but doesn't the Mint Museum title lead you to believe it's a museum about money?! Well, it wasn't. it was just an art and activity museum. Oh well, we checked out the exhibits and even stayed for a panel discussion on food in the south (once again, didn't turn out to be what we were expecting).

Sunday night we relaxed and watched some NFL football. We also watched a few shows on our DVR to clear that up a bit. I have always said I would not give in and get a DVR. Now we have one (solely because it was free for a year with the special our cable company was running). I didn't want to end up watching more TV than I already do and I figured if I record shows that would lead to too much TV watching. Well so far I really do like it. I wouldn't say I watch a ton more TV, but I definitely have to put a limit on it!

I hope you all had a great weekend as well!

No comments: