Friday, January 20, 2012

Photo Friday #15

As I poured my coffee the other morning I had a nostalgic moment. I got this mug from running a 5k in Des Moines. But no, it wasn't just any 5k.... it was the Jingle Jam and it was in December! If you're familiar with the weather in Iowa now, it's cold! My co-worker, Megan, and I ran this race two years in a row. The first year we had amazing sunny weather. The second year was a different story. Not only was it cold, it was windy. Two weather elements that make running a bit more difficult. Running this race together was becoming a tradition until she moved to Chicago and Joe and I moved away as well. Oh well, we have our memories!

Just for fun, here we are on race day! We didn't win any prizes for our outfits. Believe it or not, we were dressed down compared to many racers!

No comments: