Monday, September 12, 2011

Coors Brewery Tour

Part of my work trip includes experiencing the city and knowing the area around the hotel to better sell the properties. I just happened to be staying at the Denver Marriott West last week which is technically in Golden, Colorado. Also in Golden is the Coors Factory that offers free brewery tours.

I've been to a couple breweries and usually the part about how the beer is actually made bores me. It's all the same to me. None the less here are some pictures of the factory and the brewing process.
Here are a few fun facts about Coors I picked up along the way:
  • It takes an average of 55 days to brew a Coors beer (the longest in the industry)
  • 60% of Coors beer is canned
  • The shelf life of a Coors beer in a can is 119 days
Of course the best part of brewery tours is the free beer at the end. I'm not on the phone in this picture, that is how the tour is led. You follow the signs and listen to the tour as you go.

I also walked into the small downtown of Golden where there were some little boutique hotels and cute shops.

The mountains in the background of the town were pretty cool too.

3 comments:

Jacinda said...

Hey Girl! I love reading the blog!! It looks like you guys are up to a lot of fun stuff. Just wanted to let you know that that Woody's pizza in your picture is sooo yummy. I have been there once when visiting Kirsten and Ivan in Denver. I should have told you to go there before you left but I didn't put two and two together until right now!! :)

Ellerbroek Entourage said...

Thanks so much Jacinda! Bummer, any other suggestions for Denver? I'm here for another week!

Jacinda said...

Oh I didn't realize that you were going to be there for so long! Colorado Mills Mall off of I70 west is a great mall, there are a bunch of outlet stores within the mall which is nice. 16th Street downtown is also really fun. My parents and Jenna are headed to Denver this weekend actually because my nephew is getting dedicated. I don't have any extra vacation days so I can't join them but it's always so much fun to visit!