Friday, September 23, 2011

Park City, UT

I have been driving back and forth between Provo and Salt Lake City a lot this week. One night I was told to take the scenic route back to Provo and stop in Park City. This map might help get an idea where each city is located. Park City is definitely nestled between the mountains and the roads in and out are pretty windy.

Some history about Park City: it is the main location for the Sundance Film Festival. Remember earlier this week I wrote about Sundance Resort and Robert Redford? This is where the independent films are showcased. Also, there are 3 major ski resorts in the town (Park City Mountain Resort, Deer Valley Resort and Canyons Resort).

I was able to follow a co worker who lives in Park City and we had dinner together. I actually met this co worker a couple weeks ago when she made a trip to San Francisco. We ate at a nice restaurant called Easy Street. I got a good sense of the town by walking down main street where there are lots of outdoor restaurants and small shops.

I tried a local beer called Wasatch White Lable Belgian Style White Ale. It was very similar to Blue Moon and with the orange slice, looked a lot like it too.

Afterwards I took a quick drive around and noticed the ski lifts going straight through town.

I fell in love with Park City after just spending an evening there. I really want to visit again during ski season and show Joe the town. Sometime soon we're going to need to take a vacation to Utah!

No comments: