Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Honey Butter

For the most part, things are more expensive in San Francisco. More specifically I have sticker shock when it comes to hair maintenance. I thought and thought about giving in and going to a salon in our neighborhood to touch up my roots. The more I thought about it the more I couldn't part with that much money for something so temporary. Then I started pondering the do-it-yourself approach. I thought and thought about that one for about 2 weeks... until I decided to take the plunge.

I finally walked to CVS a week ago on Sunday while Joe was working and bought a kit. This is all pretty new to me so I was in the hair care aisle for quite some time until I decided on Garnier Nutrisse in Honey Butter.

I read and reread the directions and started applying. There was no going back now. Can you tell I was nervous? Don't mind the messy bed behind me... it was laundry day.

Well 25 minutes and $10 later I was pleasantly surprised and happy with the results. I don't have a good after picture, but you get the idea. Best $10 I've spend in the last month!

No comments: