Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Santa Cruz Boardwalk

Another weekend and another item checked off our list. We drove south along highway one all the way to Santa Cruz. Along the way, though, we stopped at the Pigeon Point light house. Joe's shirt was a little present from my trip in Provo.

When we got to the boardwalk there was some sort of a cheer competition going on. We avoided the crowds as much as possible and walked around to check out the rides. Neither of us necessarily cared to go on any of the rides (I actually hate rollercoasters and pretty much any rides found at carnivals) so we ate and observed. Instead of "people watching" we decided it was perfect "people laughing". It was just a different mix of people... very interesting people.

Then we made our way down to the beach to dip our feet in the ocean. If the weather was nice I could see how this beach would fill up. See the cheerleaders?

We kicked off our shoes and I rolled up my jeans. Unfortunately I was not paying attention to the waves and got hit... I was soaked from my knees down.

Of course we had to ask someone to take a picture of the two of us.

Before we left we got a funnel cake to make it feel like a true carnival experience. I forgot how good these taste! We ate it in record timing because the rain was starting.

Of course the weather was cold, wet and windy. There was a 20% chance of rain and rain it did. Luckily it only sprinkled while we were in Santa Cruz. It was perfect timing and started to really rain once we drove away.

No comments: