Friday, September 9, 2011

Yakini

A couple weeks we joined a bunch of Joe's co-workers at a Korean BBQ restaurant in Japantown. Don't ask... I don't get it either. It was a suggestion from one of Joe's co-workers and it was a lot of fun. It was definitely not the kind of restaurant that I would normally choose to eat at, but that's the beauty of experiencing new things.

Each table had a grill pan in the center. It was an all you can eat menu so you ordered 3 items at a time, they brought the raw meat and you cooked it yourself. The menu included such items as garlic butter chicken, beef brisket and spicy chicken. On the not so conservative side there was also neck meat, beef tongue and baby octopus. Of course we had to try pretty much everything... it was all you can eat!

There were two firsts for me that night... I ate beef tongue and baby octopus! Here's a picture of the octopus on the grill. We made sure to really crisp them up. Sorry again for the photos, I really need a better camera phone!

Darby here in the picture needed to get ready so he put on his sunglasses. We ate the octopus at the same time. Not to say it necessarily tasted bad... but it was so chewy and hard to swallow. Anyways, once is enough for me, but at least I can say I tried it!

No comments: