Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sundance, UT

I have been in Utah this week for work. This is my first time in Utah and it's gorgeous. I've spent the first part of the week in Provo which is about 50 minutes south of Salt Lake City. It's known for Brigham Young University which is a pretty good sized school. I hope to get better pictures or at least visit the campus sometime on my trip. This was taken out my hotel window. The Y in the mountain represents BYU.

Since I had rented a car when I got to Salt Lake City, I decided to make use of it and drove to Sundance for dinner. Some people had suggested this to me since it is only about 15 miles away from the hotel and driving through the canyon is very scenic.

Sundance is a four season resort in the mountains that offers skiing, mountain biking, theater and fine dining. It is owned by Robert Redford who also started the Sundance Institute, which includes the Sundance Film Festival. I walked around the grounds after dinner and tried to imagine the area during ski season and all the snow. Maybe someday Joe and I will come and ski here.

I ate at the Foundry Grill and had some amazing salmon. I don't know why, but I always gravitate towards fish on the menu even when I'm nowhere near water. I suppose salmon isn't a salt water fish, but still. Bottom line, it was good.

All around the resort there was rushing water and beautiful mountains with leave starting to change color. Like I said earlier, Utah is gorgerous. I wish these pictures did the view justice.

Maybe I take my comment back about skiing up here... after seeing these signs I will have to reconsider this. Just kidding!

No comments: