Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Denver, CO

First of all, thanks to Joe for helping me out and writing yesterday's post!

Since I have been on a work trip for over a week, Joe decided to join me in Denver over the weekend. It was great because I had been in the city for a while and I could show him around as if I actually lived there.

As you read yesterday, we watched the Iowa football game and the outcome put us in a good mood for the rest of the day. After the game was over we took the light rail from the Tech Center area to downtown. It's a great way to get around town when you don't have a car. Unfortunately the weather wasn't great and we could see the dark clouds moving in while we waited for the train.

The rain held off long enough for us to eat at an Irish Pub in the LoDo (Lower Downtown) area. This part of town has some great roof top bars and restaurants. The Colorado vs. Colorado State game was just getting over (played at Invesco... I mean Sports Authority Field) and the streets were filled with Buffalo and Ram fans. It was great, though, to run into multiple Iowa Hawkeye fans!

We walked down to the baseball stadium (the Rockies were playing the Giants). Because the weather was looking even worse we never bought tickets, but we considered it.

Next I wanted to see the state capitol and the famously marked step that is one mile above sea level.

Then the clouds looked like they were finally going to open up and pour so we hustled to the free shuttle bus that took us back to the light rail and we were back in the Tech Center without getting rained on (well, at least not poured on). You can't really tell in this picture, but this is the view from the capitol steps with the clouds rolling in!

Now I've moved on to my next stop in Utah. Hopefully I'll have more (and better) pictures for you to see this week!

No comments: