Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mmmmm, Chocolate and Cable Cars

Sorry to bore (if I do happen to bore any of you), but I'm still recapping Saturday. I told you it was a long day!

After we ate lunch at Fisherman's Wharf I thought we could walk down to Ghiradelli Square and get some chocolate. The part I didn't realize was that it was a long, crowded walk. There are so many people walking around and street performers that really draw a crowd. We made it and took an obligatory picture before going inside the store (and of course getting a free piece of chocolate). I believe Joe's first words after we got out (and didn't buy any chocolate at all) were "let's go back through and get another one!"

Remember how I mentioned the steep hills the other day? Well this is exactly what I mean. I swear they were at least 45 degree angles. Riding the cable car sounded like a much better idea... once we were half way up the hill.


We did make our way to Lombard Street. If you aren't familiar, it's known as the crookedest street in the world. I can't imagine living along this street. There are constantly people walking up and down and cars slowly driving down. Plus the walk up and down with groceries or whatnot would be killer.


We did have an awesome view of Alcatraz from the top Hyde Street though. Looking back through the pictures now make it totally worth it. Can't say I thought that at the time though.

I think that's about sums up our Saturday. Did you watch the Home Run Derby or All Star Game? Go National League! 

No comments: